Innovation Takes Root
- Attending ITR is about deepening your connection to the Ingeo ecosystem & seeing how technologies and supply chains converge to enable the creation of new applications.
Come to Learn
We bring the entire bioplastic value chain together to share the latest developments in new product introductions and innovations in applications, processing & converting.
Come to Be Inspired
Hear about our industry's impact amidst a broader context on what's happening around the world in policy, legislation & society. Orlando, FL USA 03/30/2016 - 04/01/2016
Sustainable Plastics 2016 Conference - March 1-2, 2016
- AMI's international conference on Sustainable Plastics 2016 will take place from 1-2 March 2016 at the Maritim Hotel in Cologne, Germany with a drinks and networking reception on the evening of 1st March for all attendees in the focused exhibition area.
From eco-design through to end of life recovery, AMI's Sustainable Plastics 2016 aims to bring together the plastics industry and brand owners to investigate ways to improve the environment by using polymer materials responsibly.
Sustainability is driving innovation in materials and plastics are particularly at the forefront of research due to their ubiquitous nature, being found in all aspects of life from food-preserving packaging through to automotive and construction materials, as well as vital medical devices. They have unique performance in terms of ease of manufacturing, chemical resistance and barrier properties. However, lack of proper disposal and limited supplies of the fossil fuels that provide polymer feedstocks is driving forward new developments from finding alternative feedstocks, through to closed loop recycling and innovative materials from bio-sources.
How is sustainability measured and certified? What is eco-design? How do we select the greenest materials and manufacturing options? What is the demand from big brand owners? Do bio-based chemicals always compete with the food chain? How do life cycle assessments (LCA) compare? What is the latest news on recovery and recycling? What is the best option for different end of life plastics waste streams from reuse to energy generation?
Sustainable Plastics 2016 offers high-level professional networking, for brand owners, environment and sustainability managers, business development and innovation professionals, chemical engineers, plastics manufacturers, agriculture specialists, biorefinery experts, recyclers, researchers and suppliers to the industry to debate economic solutions for a sustainable polymer industry. Cologne, Germany 03/01/2016 - 03/02/2016
7th Annual Bio-Based & Sustainable Products Summit
- Infocast’s 7th Annual Bio-Based & Sustainable Products Summit returns to layout commercialization strategies for the whole BioConomy value chain so that the industry can reach its full potential. The summit will bring leading consumer brands, OEMs, and retailers together with overnment policy makers, biochemical, biofuel, bioplastic, petrochemical, oleochemical, and tall oil companies, chemical distributors, EPCs, financiers, and other experts to learn, network and respond to growing consumer demand for safer and greener products. San Diego, CA, USA 01/13/2016 - 01/14/2016
- Focussed mainly on bio-based materials in automotive engineering, the international meeting will debut at the Exhibition Centre Stuttgart on 24 and 25 September as part of COMPOSITES EUROPE 2015. The conference will be organised jointly by bioplastics MAGAZINE and the nova-Institute in cooperation with trade fair organiser Reed Exhibitions and the German Federation for Reinforced Plastics (AVK). The event is further supported by the Fachagentur Nachwachsende Rohstoffe e.V. (FNR).
The bio!CAR conference is aimed at reflecting the trend towards using bio-based polymers and natural fibres in the automotive industry: more and more manufacturers and suppliers are betting on bio-based alternatives derived from renewable raw materials such as wood, cotton, flax, jute or coir, all of which are being deployed as composites in the interior trims of high-quality doors and dashboards. According to the Hürth-based nova-Institut, the European car industry most recently (2012) processed approximately 80,000 tonnes of wood and natural fibres into composites. The total volume of bio-based composites in automotive engineering was 150,000 tonnes.
Bioplastics are equally useful for premium applications in the auto sector. Bio-based polyamides from castor oil are used in high-performance components, polylactic acid (PLA) in door panels, soy-based foams in seat cushions and arm rests, and bio-based epoxy resins in composites. In May, the nova-Institut published an updated market study on bio-based polymers and their worldwide deployment.
At bio!CAR, experts from all segments touching on bio-based materials will present lectures on their latest developments. Among other materials, the portfolio will include conventional plastics filled or reinforced with sophisticated natural-fibre products as well as bio-based, so called “drop-in” bioplastics, such as castor oil-based polyamides or polyolefins from sugar cane-based bioethanol. Novel bioplastics such as PLA or PTT will also be featured, as will duromer resins from renewable resources and bio-based alternatives for rubber and elastomers.
The 2 full-day-conference will be held on the 24th and 25th of September 2015 in Stuttgart, Germany
Stuttgart, Germany 09/24/2015 - 09/25/2015
Global Plastics Environmental Conference - GPEC 2014
- The Society of Plastics Engineers' (SPE) Plastics Environmental Division (PED) is excited to present this year’s Global Plastics Environmental Conference (GPEC®). The theme of GPEC 2014 is "It’s a Green World After All" with focus on the unique blend of recycling, reclamation and bioplastics.
GPEC 2014 will be held back-to-back at the same location with The Plastics Recycling Conference “The Voice of Plastic Recycling.” The Plastic Recycling Conference will be held March 11-12 (Tuesday/Wednesday). GPEC will be held Wednesday to Friday. The joint Connections Reception is on Wednesday evening.
GPEC 2014 will highlight 30 technical papers which will give you a chance to learn about advances, new technologies, and innovations for plastics sustainability and recycling with a unique blend of recycling, reclamation and bio-plastics.
The GPEC 2014 program will also includes Environmental Stewardship Awards, Student Poster competition, and the Exhibition area will give you a chance to meet face-to-face with many organizations involved in the plastics recycling and sustainability industry. Orlando, Fl, USA 03/12/2014 - 03/14/2014
The Plastics Recycling Conference
- Learn how to take advantage of the economy to maintain and grow your business from the leading experts in the field of plastics recovery and utilization. Speakers will present extensive and detailed industry assessments, including analyses of trends in the U.S. and Canada, plastics collection issues, recycling market factors, and legislative and policy considerations.
Explore the market, see new technology and find new business partners.
Connect with over 125 companies in the industry showcasing their products and services in the exhibit hall. Exhibiting companies include, but not limited to, collectors and reclaimers, buyers and brokers, equipment producers, waste haulers and industry trade associations.
Endless networking opportunities with leaders in the industry.
Plastics Recycling 2014 is your opportunity to network with clients, prospective partners, colleagues, vendors, and industry leaders all in one location. Last year's conference held in New Orleans attracted more than 1,425 attendees from over 30 countries. Meeting everyone at one venue will save you precious time and travel expenses. Orlando, Fl, USA 03/11/2014 - 03/12/2014
BioPlastics: The Re-Invention of Plastics
- This conference should be a wealth of information on the growing bioplastics industry.
The 2010’s appear to lighting up the spirit of innovation in the field of chemicals/polymers in a manner similar to the one during 1930’s to 1960’s that led to the mighty Plastics Industry. This time the industry is in pursuit of manufacturing the traditional polymers as well as opening the path for newer materials but from renewable food/non-food biomass, thereby reducing dependence on crude oil. Join us on this journey through the world of “BioPlastics: The Re-Invention of Plastics”; an adventure we have not seen in the chemical industry since the 1960’s.
More details and registration information available at http://bioplastconference.com/brochure.html Las Vegas, Nevada 03/04/2014 - 03/06/2014
Marine Debris – The Costs and Consequences
- Marine debris is creating growing problems for our environment as well as increased costs for our coastal cities and counties. On July 31 at 10:00 – 11:30 a.m. Pacific, Container Recycling Institute (CRI) will host a webinar examining the various types and sources of marine debris, the cost of cleaning it up, and strategies to prevent it.
CRI’s Susan Collins will lead a group of government, industry and advocacy experts working to understand and solve this complex problem. Webinar 07/31/2013
Biopolymers Symposium 2013
- The 2013 Biopolymers Symposium will provide a comprehensive picture of an industry that is changing at a rapid pace. As biopolymers continue to make inroads into new markets, the business world has taken notice and the desire to learn more about biopolymers is at an all-time high. This conference will provide a range of sessions including new innovations, sustainable feedstocks, policy drivers and insights from around the globe and is a can't miss event. Chicago, IL, USA 06/11/2013 - 06/12/2013
Green Polymer Chemistry 2013
- Green Polymer Chemistry 2013 offers an excellent networking opportunity for sustainability managers, business development professionals, engineers, manufacturers, researchers, and suppliers to debate sustainable solutions to the polymer industry supply challenges. Cologne, Germany 03/19/2013 - 03/21/2013
Sustainablity in Packaging 2013
- Join 300+ senior executives, sustainability professionals, packaging engineers, business developers, researchers and more March 13-15, 2013 at the Omni Championsgate, Orlando, FL.
Sustainability in Packaging 2013 enters its 7th year ready to expand on previous conversations on topics like extended producer responsibility, innovation and technology development and introduce discussions on bio-based materials, the impact of e-commerce and zero waste. Orlando, FL, USA 03/13/2013 - 03/15/2013
BioPlastics: The Re-Invention of Plastics
- From InnoPlast's site "The 2010’s appear to lighting up the spirit of innovation in the field of chemicals/polymers in a manner similar to the one during 1930’s to 1960’s that led to the mighty Plastics Industry. This time the industry is in pursuit of manufacturing the traditional polymers as well as opening the path for newer materials but from renewable food / non-food biomass, thereby reducing dependence on crude oil. Join us on this journey through the world of “BioPlastics: The Re-Invention of Plastics”; an adventure we have not seen in the chemical industry since the 1960’s."
Las Vegas, NV, USA 03/04/2013 - 03/06/2013
7th European Bioplastics Conference
- The European Bioplastics Conference is the pre-eminent international industry event in Europe offering a unique information platform for industry trends, as well as innovations in material and application development. Berlin, Germany 11/06/2012 - 11/07/2012
Biopolymers Symposium 2012
- This is the industry's longest running and most comprehensive U.S. bioplastics conference, bringing together more than 250 key players and decision makers for debates, discussion and networking. San Antonio, Texas, USA 10/15/2012 - 10/17/2012