- Brenda Platt, “Compostable Biobased Food Service Ware,” webinar presentation to Responsible Purchasing Network, May 12, 2011.
- Brenda Platt, "What Makes a Sustainable Biomaterial? Criteria and Market-Based Tools," Bioplastics: Reshaping an Industry Conference, Las Vegas, February 3, 2011.
- Heeral Bhalala, "Matching Biobased Products with Successful Composting," US Composting Council Conference 2011, Santa Clara, California, January 26, 2011.
- Brenda Platt, “Organics Recovery & Biobased Materials: Opportunities for Corporate Involvement,” POWER (Perishable Organics Waste to Energy Recovery) Meeting, Santa Clara, California, January 24, 2011.
- Brenda Platt, “Polystyrene in Food Service: Problems & Alternatives,” webinar presentation to Practice Greenhealth, November 18, 2010.
- Brenda Platt (with David Levine, American Sustainable Business Council), “What Makes a Sustainable Biomaterial,” Open Forum presentation to the Sustainable Packaging Coalition, October 28th, 2010.
- Brenda Platt, "Sustainable Communities Need Sustainable Biomaterials," Global Plastics Environmental Council (GPEC), 2009.
ILSR Articles and Documents
ILSR Network Links
- Agricultural Utilization Research Institute report that mentions Sustainable Biomaterials Collaborative, Biobased Products - Minnesota’s Opportunity and Challenge: A Focus on BioPlastics, 2011.
- Biodegradable Plastics - Developments and Environmental Impacts, Australian Government, October 2002
- The Green Guide for Everyday Living, National Geographic's guide to making healthy and environmental purchasing choices
- The 2010 Back to School Guide to PVC-Free School Supplies, Center for Health, Environment and Justice (CHEJ), 2010
- USDA BioPreferred Program for the procurement and use of biobased products
- UK Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs funded report, "Assessing the Environmental Impacts of Oxo-degradable Plastics Across Their Life Cycle."
- United Soybean Board: Soy Plastics: Versatile and Cost Effective
- "The Majestic Plastic Bag" - a mockumentary by Heal the Bay
Online Ordering of Bioproducts
Industry Publications and Web Sites
Experts in the Field
- Dr. Ramani Narayan, Professor, Chemical & Biochemical Engineering, Michigan State University